An integral part of our work at augustwords.org is accomplishied through our August Sharing Program, donating to international, regional, and local writing and literacy charities such as writers groups, writers conferences, libraries, schools, and reading programs. We feel it is the august thing to do.
Do you represent a literary or literacy organization?
If the mission of your literary or literacy group is to improve readers and writers and you would like to be considered as a future Partner in our August Sharing Program, please read our guidelines below thoroughly and complete the application.
When evaluating proposals we take into account the following priorities:
- Does this program dovetail well with our vision?
- Is this organization registered as nonprofit or charity (US IRS 501(c)(3) status or equivalent)?
- How does this group uniquely serve the literary arts, literacy efforts, and their readers/writers?
- Will our contribution be used for a particular project or ongoing funding?
- How will our contribution be unique for this organization?
NOTE: We will only support organizations that operate in accordance with our nondiscriminatory policy regarding race, religion, gender, age, color, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Because our resources of time and funds are limited, augustwords.org has defined criteria for requests.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT CONSIDER:
- Individual requests (requests that directly benefit only one person)
- Religious, political, or labor/fraternal organizations
- Third party organizations raising funds for charitable purposes
- Projects with a narrow focus: one student, one class, sponsorships or individuals seeking assistance or participating in contests and competitions
- Non-academic programs: sports, clubs, troops, band competitions, summer camps, and field trips
- Organizations known to discriminate or operate in an unethical manner
- Organizations which are not open to all members of the community
- Foundations, capital campaigns/purchases, endowment programs or debt-reduction campaigns